Mulberry
Monday, January 16, 2012

  FAB AT ANY AGE: Mulberry Monday - S/S 12 Campaign.
When I was a child we used to have a very small Tesco supermarket in town (its now about 4 times larger).  Every Saturday afternoon whilst my nan watched the wrestling, my mum and I would go food shopping and we would always buy Ice Cream.  Mum always went to pick up a block of Vanilla (do you remember Ice Cream in blocks?) but I always insisted on Neapolitan.

It wasn't that it tasted that great, it certainly doesn't compared with todays Haagen Dazs or Ben and Jerry's but it was the pretty colours that drew me in, I have always adored pink!  I never eat my ice cream frozen, I always put it in the microwave, but as I child I had no alternative but to let it melt, gradually and when it did, I would swirl the three coloured ice cream into pretty patterns that were so pleasing to the eye, before I eventually devoured the candy coloured, liquid loveliness, so when I first spotted the spring and summer Mulberry ad campaign I was overcome with childhood ice cream coloured memories and with the campaign photographs taken on Brighton beach, the trip down memory lane continued, as I have lived all my life on an Island and spent virtually every summers day of my entire childhood on the beach.

I adore the way the campaign uses sticks of the ever famous Brighton rock and emulates melted ice cream cones as a backdrop to the gorgeous ice cream and candy coloured garments and "to die for" accessories and with retail sales reported to have risen by 47%, I can see that Mulberry will be set for a scorching hot summer.

Do you think the campaign of this great british heritage brand brings out the best of the british seaside?

Shop now at Bloomingdale's

 
Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
January 2012 / February 2012 / March 2012 / April 2012 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]